How to Take Care of Two-Way Radios
To ensure your two-way radios functions at its best and stands the test of time, you need to take good care of it. If you have distributed radios to your employees, it is worth educating them about how to store, use, and maintain their radio properly. Improper use can result in radios being unnecessarily damaged, and in many situations, it is essential that two-way radios remain functional for critical communications. Here are a few tips to keep your radios in tip-top condition.
Storing Your Radio
Correct storage of your radios will help keep them in good condition.
- Store your radio in a cool, dry place (ideally at room temperature).
- Avoid storing them in direct sunlight, or in very hot, cold, or damp areas.
- When you are storing your radio, make sure it is turned off and the batteries are removed.
Charging Your Radio
It is crucial that you only use batteries and chargers that are compatible with your device, as using chargers that are not compatible can damage your radio.
There are several methods to charge radios, and there are ways to care for batteries and charging techniques to extend battery life.
Learn more about charging your radio and extending battery life
Day to Day Use and Care
Radio users also need to be mindful of their day to day use. Although some radios are designed to be very robust, like our waterproof and explosion proof radios, they should still always be treated with care. Don’t intentionally throw your radio about and be careless with it because it seems very durable.
- Avoid grabbing your radio by the antenna, as it will eventually have an impact on your radio’s signal and transmission quality.
- Only use accessories that are made specifically for your brand of radio, as incompatible accessories can cause damage and functionality problems.
- Don’t expose your radio to solvents or harsh chemicals.
- Don’t expose your radio to extreme hot or cold conditions, unless they are designed to be used in harsh environments.
- Try to keep your radio dry and away from moisture
Learn more about IP Ratings for moisture and dust protection
Cleaning Your Radio
Don’t spray industrial cleaners directly on your radio or use harsh chemicals that can damage your radio. Wipe them down with a damp cloth, and make sure there is no dust build-up.
Learn more about cleaning and disinfecting your radio
Please contact us if you have any questions about Hytera two-way radios.