Since its founding in 1993, Hytera has been dedicated to the development, manufacturing, and sales of two-way radios, accessories, applications, Push-to-Talk over Cellular (PoC) radios, repeaters, and trunking systems. Today, the company has become one of the world leaders in the professional wireless communications industry. Hytera’s reliable, robust, and secure communications products are distributed in more than 100 countries across the globe. Hytera US Inc is an independent and standalone business unit of Hytera Communications Corporation Limited.
This position is part of the Hytera Sales Team, reporting to the Sales Engineering Director, supporting all pre-sale and post-sale engineering activities in the region. The primary focus for this position is to support the North-East part of the Hytera US, Inc. territory, however, is expected to assist in other areas as the need arises. In the near term, the position will focus strongly on post-sale support activities of reasonable complexity, with a gradual return to mostly pre-sale activities.
The SE will provide pre-sale and post-sale customer/dealer/sales manager support, system integration, and feedback to the product management team on product issues and improvements.
Each SE has several products that they act as Product Champions for.
This means they are the Subject Matter Expert on the product and is responsible for training all other SE’s, Sales Staff, and Technical Support on the product. Marketing will also need assistance to ensure accurate literature and more.
The SE’s main responsibilities are as follows:
- Collaborate with customers, dealers, sales staff, and engineering to evaluate customer requirements and generate solutions that will ensure customer needs are met or exceeded.
- Investigate complaints from customers, identify the issue, and recommend solutions to the customer.
- Configure, test, and install systems and terminal equipment for demonstrations or trials. Provide technical support and assistance to sales throughout the sales process, including technical qualification of opportunities.
- Collaborate with sales to ensure the proposed solution will address the customer needs and all relevant equipment has been accounted for in the proposal.
- Advise customers on the correct programming and implementation of Hytera equipment for the specific customer requirements.
- Be confident to prepare and present solutions to customers with minimal direction from sales.
- Generate RF coverage plots and be able to provide good feedback and evaluation of RF coverage plots prepared and advise customers of appropriate steps to resolve issues in the field.
- Be able to prepare intermodal studies and recommend filtering requirements to achieve a balanced outcome for the customer.
- Make recommendations as to the most appropriate antennas, combining systems and feedlines to meet Hytera requirements.
- Have a good understanding of simulcast RF properties and be able to communicate that effectively to customers, as well as make recommendations on best actions to address interference.
- Participate and/or lead large direct bid opportunities.
- Participate and provide sales engineering support for tradeshows, as well as attend and host clients at the booth.
- Prepare and present webinars and training boot camps to dealers and end customers.
- Prepare and edit end-user documentation for system deployments.
- Have a good understanding of Wi-Fi, IP routing and switching, VPN tunnels, and can speak with confidence about these technologies.
- Have a good understanding of DMR Tier 2 and Tier 3 specifications and technology.
- Bonus: Knowledgeable about LTE and operating devices on LTE networks.
- Bonus: Installation and configuration of advanced dispatch software solutions.
- Bonus: Installation and configuration of media management software solutions.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Bachelor of Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in radio system design and deployment, as well as requirements capture, and fleet mapping.
- Be prepared to travel.
Please submit your resume to Hytera US Inc. with the subject line: SE Job Opportunity
20 January 2021