In response to the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Hytera recommends taking the following steps BEFORE handling any radio or radio accessory that may have been in close contact with a potentially infected person or contaminated object. It is not certain exactly how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces but following this procedure will help to protect yourself and others from the spread of infection. This procedure is a best practice recommendation and is the same for cleaning and disinfecting one radio, or multiple radios at the end of shift.
1. Thoroughly wash your hands for no less than 20 seconds (recommended by CDC).
a. Dry your hands with a disposable paper towel
b. If no soap & water are available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
2. Prepare a cleaning area using a tabletop or desktop work surface.
a. Clean entire work surface area with disinfectant spray, bleach wipe, or isopropyl alcohol.
b. Divide the work surface into two halves: one half for dirty radios, and one half for completely disinfected radios.
c. Place uncleaned radios on one half of work surface.
d. Remove batteries, antenna, and accessories from all radios.
1. Use a dry, clean, soft cloth to wipe away any visible dirt, dust, or other contaminants from the radio or accessory.
2. If necessary, use a non-metallic brush with soft bristles to loosen any trapped debris.
3. After cleaning each radio, keep it on the dirty half of the work surface.
1. Wash hands again using step 1.
2. Thoroughly wipe down all radio and accessory surfaces using another clean, soft cloth (or paper towel) dipped in a mild soap‐water solution (for example, dish detergent), or 60% or above isopropyl alcohol.
a. Do not spray soap-water solution or alcohol directly onto the radio
b. Do not use bleach, solvents or cleaning sprays to cleanse or disinfect radios
3. After cleaning each radio, place it on the clean half of the work surface.
4. Use another clean, soft cloth (or paper towel) dampened with only water to wipe away all soapy water from each radio.
5. To ensure radios are thoroughly disinfected, do not touch a cleaned radio after touching any dirty (non-disinfected) surface such as a dirty cloth or other dirty radio, and do not place the clean radio on a surface that has not been disinfected.
6. AVOID TOUCHING YOUR EYES, NOSE AND MOUTH WITH UNWASHED HANDS.
* The EPA has a complete list of registered disinfectants that are proven to be effective against this virus. The list is at the URL below. However, Hytera has only tested the cleaners above and cannot confirm that the others do not degrade the products. https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-...
If you have any questions, please contact Hytera Customer Support hotline at: 1-833-753-9132
Download PDF Version Here
31 March 2020