IT and communication construction is increasingly important for the development of the petrochemical industry. Speeding up IT and communication construction is one of the ways to gain the lead within the highly competitive industry. However, the current communication systems used in many companies are obsolete and fail to address the following problems:
(1) The central control room is shield from signals. As a result, field operators cannot maintain smooth communication with the control room.
(2) When a supervisor calls a team, each workshop employee must adjust the channel button.
(3) Some channels are idle, while some are busy. Each group of channels cannot be shared, which in turn lowers the calling efficiency.
(4) In emergencies, not all people can be called in time as there is a lack of unified dispatching.
(5) Interference from co-channel stations outside the system imposes negative effect.
(6) The original system does not support wired access so that field operators cannot call supervisors who do not have access to the wireless system in offices.
It is critical to establish an easy-to-use, powerful, and cost-effective wireless system to satisfy daily communications, raise productivity, and centrally dispatch staff in emergencies.
Oriented to the communication demand from the petrochemical industry, Hytera has devised a trunking system that houses base station signal intensifiers. The system is described as follows:
1. The number of trunking channels varies with the number of two-way radios in the plant area. Channels are dynamically assigned and shared by teams.
2. Geared to actual needs, use habits, and user base, Hytera designs an appropriate grouping method to group numbers of departments, workshops, and teams to satisfy various communication needs.
3. Hytera uses TS-9200 base station signal amplifiers with the frequency selection function and designs indoor distribution in the main control room. This extends base station coverage and the reach of signals by amplifying signals, thus avoiding interference and guaranteeing clear voice.
4. The communication office or dispatching room is equipped with dispatching consoles to support voice calls, forced release, break-in, listening, and traffic statistics.
The solution integrates the Hytera QH-1327 that has been used for over a decade. The product complies with MPT-1327 signaling as well as MPT-1343 and CPSX numbering plans. Compatible with the Police Automatic Network Scheme—Mobile Communication Network For Public Security, the system features solid compatibility, strong scalability, and powerful fallback control capability, which marries IT construction with industrialization to satisfy communication needs of the petrochemical industry.
1.Large system capacity and fewer frequency resources
Channels are dynamically assigned and shared by all people. A 4-channel trunking system allows around 150 users to make calls.
2.Solid fallback control
The system can automatically shut down the channel and limit the function to basic trunking when the receiver obtains interference, the transmitter has low power, the power supply of the channel machine fails, and links fail.
3.Wired/wireless automatic switchover
The wired system connects to the local switch to support interoperation between wired and wireless systems.
4.Self-test and alarms
All signaling control channels of base stations support hot backup, which can be switched over at a given time. The system features flawless self-diagnosis and alarm generation. Once the status of a part changes or a part fails, the alarm information is displayed on the device panel, local management terminal (or remote maintenance terminal) and an audio alarm is generated.
QH-1327 trunking system
TC-780M Ex two-way radios for anti-explosion
Zhanjiang Dongxing Refinery, China